Jim Duff Music Blog

Growing up in Kentucky, Jim Duff counted the legends of traditional Country music as his heroes. Artists like Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson and Townes Van Zandt made a huge impact on the young songwriter and helped shape his sound. He dreamt of a life performing. However, music was not his only talent and life took him in another direction for a while.


See Jim Duff bio for more...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thanks to all of our fans!

I just want to send a shout out to all of our supporters and fans to let you know that because of you we have sold over 7,000 downloads and 4,000 CD’s! My sincerest thanks to each of you! Who needs a record deal when we have people like you that support what we're doing? I absolutely love our fans and I never will be able to truly express my gratitude for each and every one of you!
People really do have the power to make choices when it comes to music, thanks to the Internet. In the end, a record deal means nothing to me because I didn't start making music for fame. All along, for me, it has always been my passion for music, my passion to share this passion. I care about music and because of music, I care about my fans. Someone asked me the other day if I had “'made it”' yet? I replied, "Well, if truth be known, I "made it”' a long time ago." They responded by saying, "I don't hear you on the radio or see you on TV." I answered by saying, ‘I have raised my son to be an independent, educated young man.' I have taught him that respecting
others and hard work will yield positive results. I am working to instill in my daughter these same values. I have taught them not to be dependent others, but, at the same time to know that we are there for them if and when they need us, that by the will of The Almighty they have the power to be whatever they want to be. In the end, for me, that's really what this life, fame, success -- all of it -- is about to me.

No comments: